Hello I’m Mark Lloyd, a creative Photographer based in Washington in the North East of England.
I’m sure, if you family is like mine, you have boxes full of photos, in cupboards, in albums maybe in the loft. but always acessible whenever you want to take a stroll down memory lane.
When I was ten I went on a school trip to London and, as it was my first time away from home, I was let loose with my parent’s camera, first roll of film and 24 shots to tell the story of the trip. After a few days of shooting landmarks and the antics of my friends I was hooked. Ever since I have been taking pictures. It wasn’t just about clicking the shutter though the best thing about taking photos, and thing I love the most, is reaction people have to seeing them.
I learned, even then, that photos are magical – they have the power to transport you back to a point in time, a special event in your life. They even allow you to connect with previous generations in your family.
I believe I’m not just taking pictures – I’m making memories.
I look forward to meeting you and learning all about you.
Most of the great feedback I get from clients relates not only to the pictures I deliver to them but also what a blast they had working with me to get them.
Twelve things about me
1. I’m a total coffee nerd – I realised that was true when a friend sat down with me and counted how many gadgets I own for making the perfect brew. My current favourite is a flat white which I think I have just about mastered..
2. I have been a Scout since I was eleven. When I hit 18 I became a leader and have been doing it ever since. Find me every summer camping in the Lakes with my Troop.
3. I have completed the Great North Run six times and love to run through the mud along the River Wear.
4. I hold four world records (You get to find out which ones if you ask me when we meet some of them are quite embarrassing)
5. I have been in a quite a few bands playing everything from Funk to Industrial music.
6. I have been producing music and writing songs since I was a teenager.
7. I am my cat Heidi’s favourite human being – partly because we really hit it off at the animal shelter but mostly because she can’t open the cat food packets without my help.
8. I’m definitely a dog person too.
9. I’m a total geek, love gadgets, and occasionally even read instruction manuals. Steve calls me “Gadget Boy” because of the amount of kit I bring to a shoot.
10. I apparently have the same shadow as TinTin
11. I used to be a total 4×4 nut but now I’m currently obsessed with my Mini Clubman
12. I love people so being a photographer is pretty much my dream job.
I believe in helping you to capture those special moments in your life and my energetic approach to your shoot means that memories are made as well as captured.
I’m happy to come along to record your special event, or you can visit me in my studio, for a photoshoot that is guaranteed to be a memorable experience.
I’m available for commercial, product, portrait, model portfolio and wedding shoots all over the North East of England and the rest of the UK.
I’m also a freelance photography trainer specialising in Abobe Photoshop & Lightroom.